I REMEMBER (3)

by - noviembre 01, 2023

 

Hombre trabajando en el campo
Henri Martin, "Étude por 'La Moisson'" (1919)






I remember after people are gone thinking of things I should have said but didn't.



I remember having a casual chat with God every night and usually falling asleep before I said, "Amen".



I remember that my father's favorite movie star was Rita Hayworth.  



I remember buying things that were too expensive because I didn't like to ask the price of things. 



I remember trying to visualize what my insides looked like.



I remember bright orange light coming into rooms in the late afternoon. Horizontally.



I remember "sick" jokes.



I remember wondering why anyone would want to be a doctor, and I still do.



I remember thinking about whether or not one should kill flies.






Joe Brainard (1942-1994). I Remember. New York City: Granary Books, 2001.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios